Sami-Matti Trogen gets back to rallycross – next stage Hell
Sami-Matti Trogen’s speedy Summer continues with rallycross. Next stage for Trogen will be the fourth round of RX2 series at the Lånkebanen circuit in Hell, Norway.
Last weekend Trogen tried completely different kind of car when he made very successful and victorious comeback to Formula 4 at Ahvenisto race circuit.
- It was good but tough race, especially because the weather was so hot. I’m very happy about the weekend and want to thank all of my sponsors and supporters, and the team of Marko Koiranen. It was great to be back on F4, Trogen said.
Trogen is fourth at the moment in the RX2 series. Actually the fourth position has been familiar to him on many of the race rounds this year. Now the goal is to get on the podium. Trogen has had unluck in the lottery when selecting the starting positions, several time he has needed to start from the outside.
- Many times I have been starting from the outside. Because the cars are so equal, starting position plays a big role. Hopefully the luck turns now. At the circuit of Hell there are big height differences, the circuit itself is cool and views are great. Joker lap is on the first corner and that is also quite crucial point.
- Last year I drove there for the first time, but there is basically nothing to tell. We were facing some technical problems and I was seventh. The speed was there though, so I feel confident. On Thursday we will take some start practices to be ready for the races, tells Trogen.
There are in total of seven rounds in the RX2 series. After this round of Norway, the next competition will be in Höljes, Sweden. The season ends in South Africa in November.
Points before Hell:
1. Oliver Eriksson (SWE) 89
2. Jesse Kallio (FIN) 76
3. Fraser McConnell (JAM) 61
4. Sami-Matti Trogen (FIN) 57
5. Vasiliy Gryazin (LVA) 51
6. Ben-Philip Gundersen (NOR) 48